The Concord City Council passed a face covering ordinance during a special public hearing on Monday, August 31. The ordinance is effective immediately, and will remain in effect through January 2, 2021 unless otherwise repealed or extended.
The Concord City Council has determined that to continue to reduce the spread and infection of COVID-19, it is in the interest of the health and safety of all Concord citizens, residents, visitors, businesses, and the employees of our City and businesses, to wear face coverings while inside a retail establishment. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Department stores
- Drug stores
- Convenience stores
- Grocery stores and
- Retail or wholesale stores.
Here is what you need to know:
- Customers (ages five and older) are required to wear a face covering at all times when inside a retail establishment.
- Face covers are strongly encouraged when a distance of six feet can not be maintained.
- Penalties for non-compliance include:
- written warnings
- a court summons for failure to pay fines