Create a culture that:
- protects the rights of employees;
- promotes, supports, and improves the mental health of employees; and
- meets the company’s overall organization legal, financial and management goals.
Peter Evers, LICSW, President and CEO, Riverbend Community Mental Health and Margaret (“Peg”) O’Brien, chair of Devine Millimet's Labor & Employment practice group (NHADA Silver Partner)
Mental health problems affect many employees in the workplace, and can result in many missed or unproductive work days. Employees tend to hide these disorders at work. As a result, mental health disorders often go unrecognized and untreated – not only damaging an individual's health and career, but also reducing productivity at work and damaging reputations.
This session will provide an overview of the laws surrounding disability in the workplace, and will also provide guidance on how managers and supervisors might help co-workers addressing this issues.
Topics will also include:
• How best to create a culture that protects the rights of employees and promotes, supports, and improves the mental health of employees and at the same time meets the company’s overall organization financial and management goals;
• Understanding key mental health issues – (e.g., depression, anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, addictions) and how an individual can still be a valued and productive employee;
• How to assess the situation, find information, and get help or support for employees with mental health issues;
• How to support employees, management and co-workers;
• What should and should not be said/done; and
• Identifying and understand reasonable accommodations required by law; Family and Medical Leave Act and ADA Leave obligations.
• First attendee at $49
• Second & subsequent attendees at $39 per person.
All funds benefit of the New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation.
Register Online Below or Download Registration Form.
DATE AND TIME
Feb. 12, 08:30 AM - 11:00 AM
Conflict Resolution Through Effective Communication (4/21)
Conflict is not inherently negative and is rarely about the issue. Rather, it’s about how...
Hazardous Materials Three-Year Certification Training (4/9/20)
Thursday, April 9, 2020 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. In automotive-related businesses, you may...
NH Title Regulations (continuing education) (1/23/20)
Failure to properly adhere to New Hampshire statute and regulation regarding titles can...