Reasonable Suspicion of Drug & Alcohol Abuse
No Charge for NHADA WCT Members
9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Registration 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. -- Continental breakfast and lunch provided.
NHADA Headquarters, 507 South Street, Bow, NH
OVERVIEW: Have you ever wondered whether one of your employees was under the influence of drugs or alcohol and were not sure what to do about it? Knowing how to handle such a situation could save you money, headaches, legal troubles, and make a big difference for the employee involved.
This seminar on February 13, is presented by Attorney Jen Moeckel of Cook, Little, Rosenblatt & Manson, and Assistant Medical Director at ExpressMED/BOAC, Ron Lamontagne, MS, APRN, BC. Ron is a board certified nurse practitioner and has been working in occupational medicine for the last 20 years. Cook Little Rosenblatt & Manson and ExpressMED/BOAC are both NHADA Bronze Partners.
The current drug crisis occurring throughout New Hampshire has prompted many employers to seek guidance on how to identify and address issues with employees whom are suspected may be struggling with drug and/or alcohol addiction.
This presentation includes the following topics:
• Facts/Statistics on current drugs affecting the workplace;
• Warning signs of drug and alcohol misuse;
• The effects of drug and alcohol misuse on the body;
• Regulatory requirements on reasonable suspicion determination;
• The reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol process;
• How to approach an employee;
• How to handle difficult situations;
• Documenting observed behavior;
• Steps to take after testing;
• Questions and answers of frequently asked questions at ExpressMED; and
• Hand-out for your supervisors to utilize for documenting observed suspicious behavior
Who should attend? Human resources personnel; owners/dealer principals; general managers; and any employee responsible for human resources issues, hiring and discipline in your company.
Tuition: No charge for NHADA WCT members (Cost is paid by WCT.)
Others: $119 for the first attendee, and $109 each additional attendee from the same company. All funds benefit the New Hampshire Automotive Education Foundation.
Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance.
Register online or Download Registration form.